Case Study of Kindergym Essay - Medical Science Assignment Help
Order Code: OAE12216
Question Task Id: 414668
- Country :
Aim of this assessment:
To apply and explore the undergraduate nurses knowledge of developmental theories and milestones to a child aged 0-5 years old in the Kindergym setting.
Recognise major developmental milestones for children aged 0-5.
- Explain contemporary developmental approaches that are important when dealing with children aged 0-5.
- Apply developmental theories and frameworks to plan nursing interventions that are appropriate for a child aged 0-5.
- Use critical thinking to analyse ways in which nursing interventions can promote growth and development in a child aged 0-5 and remain family centered.
- Discuss ways in which health professionals can communicate with children ages 0-5 years.
Writting the Essay:
This case study requires you to select ONE developmental theory discussed in our lectures (you can choose between Piaget OR Erikson, ONLY), and discuss how ONE child you observe at Kindergym aligns with this theory. You will also be required to discuss the expected developmental milestones for this child and determine whether what you observed aligns with what was expected. Please take into consideration that developmental theory and developmental milestones while similar are two different concept that need to be discussed.
When writing your case study you need to use a pseudonym for the child and parent you are discussing. There should be no identifying details in your assignment.
Identifying and understanding paediatric developmental milestones is vital for paediatric care and for recognising developmental delays. There have been multiple developmental theories proposed, one well-known being Piaget’s Stages of Cognitive Development, which will be explored as it emphasised intellectual development. A child in the Kindergym setting, given a pseudonym name of Indra, aged 3.5, was observed. Indra is therefore in the pre-schooler age group. The case study will outline the expected milestones for a pre-schooler and if Indra aligned with this, as well as if her behaviour supported what Piaget proposed occurs in the preoperational stage. It will discuss how I built rapport with Indra and her caregiver supported by contemporary evidence. In addition, it explored how this experience will influence the way I provide age-appropriate care for paediatrics in the future.
A brief overview of what you intend to discuss in the main body of your essay. State which developmental theorist (Piaget OR Erikson, ONLY) you will be discussing and briefly justify your choice. One paragraph only, approximately 10% of the total word count.
- Provide a brief overview of your chosen developmental theory. You will then also need to provide a little more depth about the particular stage that the child you observe is meant to align with.
- Did the age of the child align with what the chosen theorist stated as age appropriate? Why/why not?
- What are the normal expected developmental milestones for the age of the (ONE) child you observed?
- Did the age of the child align with what is to be expected in their development milestones? Why/why not?
- Outline ways in which you tried to develop rapport and communicate with the child and their caregiver. Does the literature support your techniques? Why/why not?
This Medical Science Assignment has been solved by our Medical Science Expert at Online Assignment Bank. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our Experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing Style. Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turn tin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.